Wednesday, January 30, 2008

RDB Jesus


In 2 Corinthians 4:6 it is written that, “ For God, who said, "Let light shine out of darkness,” made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ.” (2 Corinthians 4:6). To me, this quote perfectly depicts the reason for Jesus Christ’s life on this Earth. Jesus lived the perfect life in God’s eyes and continues to be an example to millions of Christians around the world today. Although His life ended in His Crucifixion, this final act of ultimate sacrifice and love gives me hope, and allows me to grasp the idea of the type of selfless life I wish to live. I have always known that I want to do something great with my time on this earth, and as I said in class, my greatest fear is running out of time to do it in. I truly want to make a difference in other people’s lives, and have realized over the last couple of weeks more than ever that I want to serve and glorify God in as many ways as possible. Recently, I have started training to become a Young Life Leader, which will allow me to declare my faith to children and help them embark on their own personal religious journeys. I have also volunteered to attend Bigstuf with Netcasters, my youth group back home, which will allow me to interact with the students in the first place that I ever truly felt the presence of God. While I am not certain about exactly what I am going to end up doing with my life, I feel like these things will lead me to where I am supposed to be. I cannot think of a better way to spend my life than by offering love and service to as many people as I can, while hopefully living the life God wants me to live. In 1 John 4:7, 11-12, John says, "Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God and knoweth God ... Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us"

(1 John 4:7, 11-12). With this mindset, I look towards the future. By seeking out the best in everything and everyone, I hope to come to understand the way God looks down with love upon His creation. I know that I have struggled a lot with my faith being questioned by myself and by others in the past, and I know that many more such instances will present themselves in the future, but I believe that through God my faith will always prevail over these troubles. In 2 Corinthians 4:7-12, 16-18, it says, “But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. 8We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; 9persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. 10We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body. 11For we who are alive are always being given over to death for Jesus' sake, so that his life may be revealed in our mortal body. 12So then, death is at work in us, but life is at work in you…16Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. 17For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. 18So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal (2 Corinthians 4:7-12, 16-18).

No comments: